RTC CrossFit Kids is a strength and conditioning program SPECIFICALLY designed for kids and teenagers to help them develop a lifelong love of fitness. In a group setting, children and teens participate in FUN and engaging workouts that deliver measurable results and prepare them for well-rounded movement and strength for life. The goal of the CrossFit Kids programs is to develop and improve general physical fitness in order to prepare kids to be safe in sports (and life in general).
- pre-registering for class now HIGHLY ENCOURAGED – how to:
NEW!!!! Mighty Mights (Ages 2-5)
Mighty Mights is our fun fitness program for the little tykes (under 5)! Class is all about getting the littles moving by introducing organized exercises in a fun (and flexible) play environment! Coaches lead the charge and put together fun fitness games and obstacle courses that introduce littles to learning how to be part of a group setting. *Parents must be in attendance and are encouraged to participate with their littles tykes!
- Class Length: 30 Minutes
- Winter 2024 Schedule: Every Other Monday beginning 1/15 @ 11am
IMPROVED!!!! All Levels/Movement is now the CrossFit Rec League
The philosophy of the class is to allow kids to embrace healthy movement within a high-energy and fun atmosphere led by passionate coaches. Through a variety of games and movements, we will introduce the world of gymnastics, coordination, healthy movement patterns, and FUN! With a strong consistent emphasis on basic mechanics, kids in class naturally develop physical literacy and body awareness that can translate into improved sports performance and fewer injuries as they grow.
- Class Length: 30 Minutes
- Winter 2024 Schedule: Every Thursday @5:15pm
IMPROVED!!!! Varsity is now the CrossFit Team League
Our tweens program transitions from a simple focus of fun to broader goals: building and developing athletic performance, intensity, character, and peer support. The workouts are longer (45 minutes) and more challenging than the rec league class, the skills become more technical, and the mechanics are refined under the watchful guidance of our trainers. The variety of programming lessens the likelihood of overuse injuries, common in many training routines and year-round sports.
- Class Length: 45 Minutes
- Winter 2024 Schedule: Every Tuesday @5:15pm
NEW!!!! CrossFit Kids Open Gym
Kids will have the opportunity to explore and become comfortable in the main gym with the ability to work on or play with whatever movements their hearts’ desire! Coaches will be available for guidance and while Open Gym will not have a set agenda, all Crossfit Kids principles will be expected- safety, listening, being kind to ourselves and others.
- Class Length: 60 Minutes
- Winter 2024 Schedule: Every Other Sunday beginning 1/14 @10:45am
- **Note: Kids 5 and under, parents are required to stay and supervise their child at all times during open gym. This is for the safety of ALL.
- What’s the difference between the rec level and team level class?
- Simply put, the team level class is more intense. Workouts are longer, harder, and require a higher level of focus. The rec level class is designed for those youth athletes that want to have FUN while learning to move their bodies properly. The team level class, although still fun, will ask youth athletes to be a little more serious. Neither is right or wrong. Both have tremendous value. The KEY thing we want all parents to remember is this: help us help you build your child’s self confidence and joy around exercise! The last thing we want is for any of our kids to leave a class discouraged and/or hating fitness.
- My child is ready for the team league…should they still come to the rec league class?
- ABSOLUTELY! The Rec League Class will help kids continue to develop their skills, body awareness, and stamina. Think of this like an EMOM or skill focus day for you at the gym. They need it too!
- How do I know if my child is ready for the team league?
- If your child is able to follow and implement the 3 main Crossfit Kids rules (listening, being safe, and being kind to themselves and others) AS WELL AS enjoy and welcome physical challenges and are coachable, then they are ready! The Crossfit Kids coaches are more than happy to discuss your child’s readiness, and generally will let you know if they see that your child is ready for more of a challenge that the Team League will offer.